Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 11 opens links as blank page

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JakeTheTech

JakeTheTech

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

Long time lurker first post, need help. When I click on a link in IE 11 it will open a blank page but the web address does show up in the address bar. I have checked internet options about tabbed browsing to make sure it was set to open a blank page. I tried to reset the options but get an error that all the windows need to be close but the only window open is the internet options. I have tried to remove IE and reinstall from a download but that did not fix the issue. I have searched the internet but have not found a solution yet. Any ideas would be helpful and thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

can you try setting your homepage to a different page, see what happens when you do that.

#3 JakeTheTech

JakeTheTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

I tried that, no change.

Edited by JakeTheTech, 21 May 2014 - 08:26 AM.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

Have you tried a different browser? I ask this to see if it just happens on IE or if it also happens on Firefox or Chrome. Another thing you might want to try is roll back to IE10 as there have been bugs in IE11. But try a different browser first.

#5 JakeTheTech

JakeTheTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

Only does this in IE. Firefox and Chrome do not have this issue. I would just use a different browser but one of the websites says it only works with IE.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

Then roll back to IE10 as that has worked for other users.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users