Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

International Calls to landline

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 summer_sun

summer_sun

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:19 AM

Hey all Im using iPhone 4S but my parents are using landlines overseas, been using calling card to make calls to them but it's getting really expensive so i'm wondering if theres maybe an iphone application or something to call landlines?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

I use Skype. Google Skype for Iphones.

#3 crashper

crashper

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:12 AM

You know VoIP right? There are plenty of iPhone/droid apps that will allow you to make worldwide calls.

Depending on how frequent you call, some can be ALOT cheaper/ more expensive than the other.

If you call VERY frequently, get a Skype subscription, you can talk till your phone explodes and pay the same amount.

If you are an infrequent user like me though, my personal favorite is Global Call(there are plenty others too) it's cheap, good quality, to the point.

#4 summer_sun

summer_sun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:46 AM

I don't call often~ hey i tried Global Call its saying i can get double credits for my first purchase, i am so excited about it, will definitely make use of this event! thank you so much for telling me about the application

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,903 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

But would Skype work if the one receiving the call is using a traditional landline?

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

Yes it works to landlines: http://www.skype.com/en/features/call-phones-and-mobiles/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 fireeeee91

fireeeee91

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

But would Skype work if the one receiving the call is using a traditional landline?

~ OB :cherry:

Yes it does work as Animal mentioned.. However the rates vary depending on which countries you're calling to, a lots of other apps actually have cheaper rates for calling landlines (especially now there are so many apps that doesn't charge connection fee unlike Skype). Global Call that crashper mentioned seemed to have fairly cheap rates too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users