Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter Won't Start Up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Goomba

Goomba

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:02 AM

Hello there.

When using a program called "Virtual Router Plus", I can turn my Linksys Wifi adapter into an access point that I can connect other devices to. However, for this to work, the hidden device that comes with Windows 7, "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapater", needs to turn on when starting Virtual Router Plus.

It used to work perfectly, however, now it won't start up, and in turn, I can't get Virtual Router Plus to start. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for my wireless adapter, removing other network adapters that could perhaps interfere, and even messed with the advanced properties of the adapter, but no luck.

Any ideas? Why would it stop starting up for no reason?

Here's a screenshot of my network devices (including hidden devices) 
29f7af5845cf45ffb2bd39cb12796efc.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goomba

Goomba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

I'd also like to point out that I can't uninstall Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter to reinstall it (probably because it's a default device that comes with Windows).

#3 Goomba

Goomba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

Sorry for the bump. I'd like to get this figured out. :(

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

Not familiar with the software though but have you tried enabling and disabling the Microsoft Virtual Network in Network Connections and or reinstalling the software itself?

Tekken

#5 Goomba

Goomba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Not familiar with the software though but have you tried enabling and disabling the Microsoft Virtual Network in Network Connections and or reinstalling the software itself?

it apparently comes with windows, which is why it cannot be uninstalled or reinstalled. also, microsoft virtual network doesn't appear in network connections anymore, though it used to. that more than likely has to do with this problem.

thanks.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

Ok, Let us know of any results. :thumbup2:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users