Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Screen Saver

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AmChaosToo

AmChaosToo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:35 AM

How can I use a video file as a screen saver? I would like the video to loop when the screen saver is activated

Many thanks!

Mod Edit: Fixed and closed tags ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 24 May 2006 - 02:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:14 AM

Hello AmChaosToo and welcome to Bleeping Computer!
There is a program available here which you can download and use to create custom screensavers.
Hope this helps,
Charles

Edited by rookie147, 24 May 2006 - 10:14 AM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:25 AM

Be aware that the more unnecessary aps you run in the background (like complex screensavers that run a program to play video content) use a significant amount of system resources and will make your system slower.

If you don't have a fast processor and a lot of ram you will see a noticable difference, especially when you use other programs that are resource intensive.

In addition, a lot of these flashy screensavers, icons, pointers, cursors, etc, that are available "free" from some sources (I am not saying that the one linked above is one of these) are containers for spyware, adware and malware of all kinds.

Edited by Enthusiast, 24 May 2006 - 11:29 AM.

#4 AmChaosToo

AmChaosToo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:30 PM

This is good info (and sorry about that font), but... this program wants Media Player 9, and only Media Player 9. I had previously upgraded to MP11, which I am trying to uninstall and then reinstall MP9, but...MP 9 won't install because it somehow knows that I had already upgraded, despite my efforts to uninstall MP11.

Is there a fix to this dilemma?

#5 Pippincp

Pippincp

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:36 PM

This is good info (and sorry about that font), but... this program wants Media Player 9, and only Media Player 9. I had previously upgraded to MP11, which I am trying to uninstall and then reinstall MP9, but...MP 9 won't install because it somehow knows that I had already upgraded, despite my efforts to uninstall MP11.

Is there a fix to this dilemma?

Easy NO only alternative re-install xp or repair it.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 25 May 2006 - 02:30 PM

Easy NO only alternative re-install xp or repair it.

Actually thats not true. You can follow these instructions to roll back to a previous media player version:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...sionofthePlayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users