Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Heyo, Lets bust some viruses!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 IllusionEclipse

IllusionEclipse

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

Yo! Sorry for the bad Megaman Battle Network reference but I can't help it :P

I'm 16 years old and currently taking Computing System Management and Support classes at my college as I have always been interested with computers, programs and how the whole thing works.

I've been to this site many times and have often found myself looking though posts that may relate to a problem I might be having at the time. And if I find something useful I'll give it a shot. This mostly refers to programs such as Malwarebytes, rKill and Adwcleaner, which have all served me well with keeping my computer disinfected.

I'm rather overcautious when it comes to things like viruses, adware and malware as I have had nasty experiences in the past with the darned blighters. If I download a file, I'll always scan it to make sure. If the file is under 64MB in size and my programs show up clean, I'll take it to VirusTotal for a heavier run-down before deciding to keep it or toss it.

I have had to access the registry a few times to remove pest problems, including when my anti-virus program took a hit from a program I though was safe after scanning, took 2-3 days to fix up completely. I've also helped out friends and family with virus/adware/malware removals and they've never had a problem since, although I like to check in after a few days to make sure no residual effects linger, in which there have been no cases so far.

But that's enough about me and my ramblings, I hope to meet and help you with any problems that's in my range :)

My current list of protection/disinfection programs:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Free)

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Microsoft Security Essentials

AdwCleaner

aswMBR

rKill

HijackThis

CCleaner

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

Combofix (Last resort ONLY!)

An illusion is as real as the person who sees it, but wouldn't that be an illusion in and of itself?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users