Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I change the background image of Metro Page?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Air_Jacker

Air_Jacker

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

I know I can choose one of the preset colors/image after I click my user avatar for the metro page. But I want to use my own color and images. Is it possible? I didn't find the settings anywhere! Please help! Thank you! :clapping:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kunalthechamp

kunalthechamp

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:47 AM

Windows only allows you to use one of the preset colors and images. You will have to use a third party solution to do this

Quoting from WonderHowTo: http://operating-systems.wonderhowto.com/how-to/add-custom-background-image-your-windows-8-start-screen-0140266/

How to Add a Custom Background Image to the Start Screen

Before you get started, you'll need to download WinRAR or any equivalent file archive extractor (if you don't already have one). Then download the Windows 8 Start Screen Customizer (link not working now, see below) from devianART user vhanla.

Once you've downloaded the file, go ahead and unpack and extract it using WinRAR (or other program). To extract, find the file location of the tool you just downloaded, right-click on the program—which should be titled (MordenUIStartScreen.ex_)—and then Extract to specified folder. Choose the Desktop for easiest access.

add-custom-background-image-your-windows

Once it has been extracted to your desktop, rename it. Change it from MordenUIStartScreen.ex_ to MordenUIStartScreen.exe, making it an executable (the file hosting service wouldn't allow an .exe). Now you can launch the program. It should look like this:

The picture to the right is what I want my new Start Screen background to look like. All I did was find my image, save it to my desktop and then load the picture into the program. Once it has been cropped to your specifications, click Run at startup and then Apply. You should be good to go. My Start Screen went from this:

To this:

And for those of you that have some money to spare and don't want to hassle with zip files, there is an alternate option called Decor8, which allows you to upload images AND create custom color schemes, something the program I used above cannot do yet.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users