Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copying Picture In My Yahoo Mail Onto A Cd

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cindybags

cindybags

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:30 AM

Question:
I have a file in my yahoo mail with picture in them. How do I copy those pictures onto a cd. I need step by step due to the fact I am computer illiterate.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:54 AM

Just a couple of questions, so the answer won't be too confusing:
1. Are you viewing your E-mails on the internet, or are you downloading them into an application like Outlook Express to open/read them?
2. Is the picture embedded in the body of the E-mail (like a web-page) or is it a genuine attachment (with the paper clip)?
3. Would you feel safer if you first put these pictures onto your hard drive, and then made a copy of these on a CD?

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 cindybags

cindybags
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:49 PM

Thank you for responding. To answer your questions
1) I am viewing them on the internet. After I look at em( they are pictures people have sent me) I move em to a folder.

2) they are all attachments(paperclips).

3) I use my pc @ work so I dont know if I want to put em in the hard drive unless I can delete them from the hard drive without screwing up my computer. I will probally go with what ever is easier and faster.

Again, Thanks for trying to help me.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:42 PM

I would download the pictures to the hard drive as a precaution, then use whatever software is on the computer to save them to a disk.

Here is a step-by-step for downloading an attachment:

1.Underneath the text of the Email should be a separate area for Attachments. There should be a tab there for photos, and a thumbnail of each of these.
2. Look for the option "Save to Computer" (it should be underlined, most likely to the right of the thumbnail). Double click on this.
3. You should then get a virus scan results page, since Yahoo is kind enough to scan the file before you download it. Hopefully the scan result is "no virus detected."
4. Underneath the scanning message should be a button "download attachment" that you can click on.
5. Depending on your browser, you will get some kind of dialogue box giving you a choice of opening or saving the file. Choose "save to disk" or whatever choice your browser gives you that resembles this option.
6. The dialogue box will now give you a choice for the location to save it to. I suggest you save it to the MyPictures folder (in C: drive)

Let me know if you have any questions about these steps.
Regards,
John

#5 cindybags

cindybags
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:00 PM

Thank you for the step by step instructions. i am going to try it tomorrow while im at work. did not want you to think i forgot about this....

#6 mojomidget

mojomidget

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:39 PM

Might also want to take into consideration, if she's going to put these pictures on a cd , that she has the right hardware?

#7 cindybags

cindybags
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:08 AM

Well I did it. Thanks for your help! It was pretty easy with your instructions. :thumbsup:

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:38 AM

Yippee!!!!!!!
Glad it worked for you. If these are family photos, you might want to make a second CD, just in case.
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users