Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:42 PM
I would download the pictures to the hard drive as a precaution, then use whatever software is on the computer to save them to a disk.
Here is a step-by-step for downloading an attachment:
1.Underneath the text of the Email should be a separate area for Attachments. There should be a tab there for photos, and a thumbnail of each of these.
2. Look for the option "Save to Computer" (it should be underlined, most likely to the right of the thumbnail). Double click on this.
3. You should then get a virus scan results page, since Yahoo is kind enough to scan the file before you download it. Hopefully the scan result is "no virus detected."
4. Underneath the scanning message should be a button "download attachment" that you can click on.
5. Depending on your browser, you will get some kind of dialogue box giving you a choice of opening or saving the file. Choose "save to disk" or whatever choice your browser gives you that resembles this option.
6. The dialogue box will now give you a choice for the location to save it to. I suggest you save it to the MyPictures folder (in C: drive)
Let me know if you have any questions about these steps.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.