My name is Cody
and I'll be helping you clean up your computer.
I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, I just ask for notice ahead of time.
Please do note any time differences between us. If I do not respond within 48 hours, feel free to send me a private message.
==========================================================================Some points for you to keep in mind:
- We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
- Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
- Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide detail in every post.
- In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
- If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
- Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end with some additional information on how to stay malware-free.
- Lastly, I would like to remind you that most members here are volunteers, and sometimes "real life" can get in the way of our malware hunt. I will notify you if I know I will need to be away for longer than 48 hours.
Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE:
It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.
Please do the following:Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
- Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop
- If you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one should
- Double click the icon
- Click Yes to the disclaimer
- Make sure the Addition.txt box is checked
- Click Scan and allow the program to run
- Click OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
- 2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.
- Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply