Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do i hardwire my wireless router to my PC?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sidhardtha

sidhardtha

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

i have a wire going from my router to my PC. the connection for the wire on my router says internet 1.

it is a USB wire. i want to have a wire going from my wireless router to my PC, so that the signal can not be

intercepted. i have another PC using the wireless part of my router. the other PC is in another room. 

i have windows 7 home.

thanks in advance.

lenova, I5 PROCESSOR, quad core, 8 GB DDR4, 1 TB HD, INTEL HD 530 GRAPHICS CARD, WINDOWS 10 HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT, FIREFOX 64 BIT, BITDEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY, ZEMANA AND 'EMSISOFT EMERGENCY KIT' SCANNER.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

there should be an ether net port on your wireless adapter. depending on the router there may be up to five open ports in the back to make a wired connection.

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

I'm confused.  First you say...

i have a wire going from my router to my PC. the connection for the wire on my router says internet 1.

...then you say...

...i want to have a wire going from my wireless router to my PC, so that the signal can not be

intercepted.

...then you also mention another PC...

...i have another PC using the wireless part of my router. the other PC is in another room.

So I suppose it's the other PC you want to connect with another wire?

#4 sidhardtha

sidhardtha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:35 AM

kaz. I connected a wire from that eth to my PC. it does not work with out the wireless part.

agouti, I have a wire connected to my 1st PC. it does not work. maybe I need to press some buttons. the 2nd pc works fine with the wireless signal. it is in another room.

lenova, I5 PROCESSOR, quad core, 8 GB DDR4, 1 TB HD, INTEL HD 530 GRAPHICS CARD, WINDOWS 10 HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT, FIREFOX 64 BIT, BITDEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY, ZEMANA AND 'EMSISOFT EMERGENCY KIT' SCANNER.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

Please post the router/modem access point next time.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users