Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constantly getting logged out?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 saluqi

saluqi

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

I am finding it hard to stay logged in to the BC system.  I log in, then go to a forum topic, and find I have to log in again.  Then when I want to post to a forum in which I am logged in, I get a message saying I don't have permission to do that, and only when I log in again from that page am I able to post.  If instead I go back to the forum page, I find I am still logged in, but I can't post, and if I go to yet another page I am probably logged out again.  It's very confusing!

Thanks for enlightenment!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,838 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

Clear your browser cache and cookies and try again. If you continue to have issues and you're using a VPN or Proxy service try browsing without it to see if that's contributing to your issue. Since no one else has reported the issue it appears that it is likely on your end.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

Additionally, make sure that you are allowing cookies from bleepingcomputer.com

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,838 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

Thank You Blade. I forgot to mention that.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 saluqi

saluqi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

OK, how to clear browser cache and cookies (I am using Google Chrome) and allow cookies from BC?

BTW I am logged in to this page, but cannot post???

#6 saluqi

saluqi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

Never mind, I figured out how to do those things.

#7 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,001 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

Though the OP has likely figured this out by now, one thing that may help is to be sure to place a check in the box "Remember Me" underneath the username/password before logging in. This is the deal with many forums/email providers/other sites to prevent from being logged out after so many minutes.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#8 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

That can help. . . but if cookies aren't enabled it won't work since the session data won't be retained on the client side.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users