Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re-imaging multiple computers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shortN

shortN

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hello everyone.

1st technical question post.

So i'm a small IT department which is still kinda growing.

My newest hurdle is dealing with the amount of computers we are having to setup.

So my question is.

How can i re-image multiple computers at once. I don't have a server that i could use to push the image.

I would probably have to be able to do this at my desk. But if i could image like 5 desktops/laptops at one time, that would be a huge help.

any ideas?

also, sorry if this is the wrong thread.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sakuul

sakuul

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:31 AM

just make one master and just keep cloning the HDD of that one system, there are plenty of programs you can use depending on os, ex Ghost, acronis or even system rescue cd linux distro.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

How are you setting the computers up now?

Is there a cost consideration?  If so I recommend Clonezilla.  Clonezilla isn't as friendly as the pay software, but works well enough if you don't have a budget to work with.

What operating system are you using?

Do you have an image already created?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users