Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Reg Hives

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PSL649

PSL649

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

I am running windows 7 ultimate and I was uninstalling programs 1 asked for a restart so I did and the OS will not boot.  I tried multiple Restore points and all returned the same error code 0x80070003.  Did some digging around the net and opened the C:\ Windows\System32\config file and noticed that the BCD-Templtes and Components directories are missing.  The Default,SAM, Security, Softwareand System are present.  Need to know if this can be fixed or if I need to do a reinstall?  If a reinstall is needed that; what is the best way to save the files since I cannot login to theGUI at all.  Is the a program to make thing easy or am I going to have to do everything from the command prompt?

Thx for the help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

Hello! I use Linux Puppy Love to save data from a HD that won't boot into windows. Here's a great tutorial. Will tell you how to install it and how to use it . Be sure to click on second page at the bottom to learn how to copy your files to a external drive.http://www.winhelp.us/recover-files-using-puppy-linux.html

You will see this at the bottom. Click on it to learn how to save your files!

The personalization part is now done. Let's get to work! Wink

Move on to page 2 of this article to see how to perform basic fixes on NTFS drives and copy your files and folders to external media.

Edited by donetao, 19 May 2014 - 11:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users