Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Viao Rb G

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bsktsofjoy

bsktsofjoy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:00 AM

I just purchased a new SONY VIAO RB G computer. My last computer was over 5 years old and very different. When the computer goes into sleep / standby mode the fan is running. I seems its always running at what sounds high to me, but again this is a different computer, I'm just wondering if this is normal.... anyone know??? PLEAS HELP! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:49 AM

Case fans usually run at a constant RPM and will stay on as long as the computer is on, this is probably the one that you hear. The CPU fan rpm is usually regulated by temperature, and will increase its rpm as the temperature goes up, and vice versa.

If the fan bothers you too much you could look into a fan speed control to reduce the case fan's rpm, you would need to monitor the temperature to make sure that your not overheating in the case. There usually is only one thermal sensor which reads the temperature of the CPU, and when the circulation inside the case decreases it can have an impact of the CPU temperature, so it won't be difficult to see a difference.

I use Everest home edition to monitor my temps, and I have to wonder where and how they figure the temperatures of the other devices that it lists, like the HDD, motherboard, and the AUX which has the icon of a monitor.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users