Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random spaceships and pop up windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Takizi66

Takizi66

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hi people of the Bleeping Computer empire - I hope that you can help me (and assure me that I am not losing my marbles).

I am using a Dell Vostro 360 running 64 bit Windows 7 Professional SP1

Using Microsoft Security Essentials

Twice today little alien spaceships have started whizzing about on my screen, and then random pop ups have been opening. The computer is really slow also.

The system is set to do a full scan every morning, but when I checked the virus definitiond hadn't updated since Friday, and when I tried to auto update I got an error message.  I manually downloaded the definitions and ran the file, then did another full scan which did not pick up anything.

However, it's just happened again.

The only thing that has been downloaded recently (about a week ago) was Ccleaner, which I downloaded from Piriform.

Should I be worried?

Thanks

Liz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 McSheHe

McSheHe

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

Check your installed programs list, look for a program called "Websteroids" by publisher Creative Island Media LLC and remove it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users