Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Paying for PS online

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KJackson50

KJackson50

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

I always thought PS3 online was free, I'm hearing that PS4 online will have a similar pay to play system as Xbox. Can anyone shed any light on this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

Hey KJackson50

The Playstation Network on the Playstation 3 was and still is indeed free. Although there is a subscription you can pay for added features called PSplus. This gives users two free games per month and allows them to save their game data into the PS cloud.

On the Playstation 4, you now need PSplus to play games online. This is so Sony can give the users a better gaming experience. The more money they make from PSplus, the more they can upgrade their gaming servers, pay their developers and give you a better experience.

Yes it's annoying that you have to pay but it's better in the long run. With PSplus you get free games on all Sony platforms monthly so thats;

PSVita

PS3

PS4

PSP

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Darktune

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#3 KJackson50

KJackson50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

Oh that answers my question! Well if I have to pay either way I guess it's back to a stalemate lol.

#4 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

Playstation Plus is cheaper than Xbox Live. 

PSplus is £38.86 per year and Xbox live is £45.54

Thanks,

Darktune

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#5 Itz Paradox

Itz Paradox

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

plus ps3 is alot better then xbox because ps3 cares about the gamers and the satisfaction of the gamers and the xbox guys just want you money

#6 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:00 PM

I agree with you Darktune, PS is far cheaper than the Xbox live. payments are the same for PS3 as it is for Play station plus on the PS4.

#7 only126db

only126db

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:57 PM

plus ps3 is alot better then xbox because ps3 cares about the gamers and the satisfaction of the gamers and the xbox guys just want you money

I saw this post and would like to ask if this member could be banned, that is the most terrible untruth ever told related to gaming consoles.... :crazy:

Sony quit caring about it's customers about the time when they shut down the Sony ES division of their company. :axe:

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:25 PM

I saw this post and would like to ask if this member could be banned, that is the most terrible untruth ever told related to gaming consoles.... :crazy:
<snip>

Soooo you're saying you want someone banned for having an opinion?

What do you want me to do if somebody says you should be banned for having that viewpoint?

I just checked the forum rules again. There isn't a rule for someone having an opinion about products or services. Or for that matter having opinions in general.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 only126db

only126db

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

I saw this post and would like to ask if this member could be banned, that is the most terrible untruth ever told related to gaming consoles.... :crazy:<snip>
Soooo you're saying you want someone banned for having an opinion?What do you want me to do if somebody says you should be banned for having that viewpoint?I just checked the forum rules again. There isn't a rule for someone having an opinion about products or services. Or for that matter having opinions in general.

Was a joke... haha...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users