Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading to Windows Server 2008 R2 From Windows Server 2003

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 naveed.karimi

naveed.karimi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:10 AM

When i try to run adprep32.exe /forestprep i get this error message (Error code: 0x3a Error message: The specified server cannot perform the requested operation..)  i have also attached Log file.

We had two Domain Controllers

• Primary domain controller - MS Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2
  • Additional domain controller - MS Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2

Our PDC OS was crashed and we have installed windows Server 2008 R2 on it now we want to make it PDC but get error while running adprep command.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

Firstly join the server to the domain as a member, then install ldap and also gpo,dns,dhcp etc. Once that is done raise it to a domain controller.

After that seize the FSMO role.

Then execute (From Win8 server) netdom query fsmo in the commandline to make sure the new server is the fsmo holder and pdc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users