Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent BSOD in last few days

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Palenor

Palenor

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Hello all,

Just started getting a bunch of BSODs in the last few days. Not sure what is causing this or how o fix it.

The last few of them stated it was DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL.

I thought I was having issues with an install of a Java update so I deleted my Java and did a fresh install from Java website to latest version.

Now I am getting a new one tonight that said IRQL_not_less_than_or_equal_too right after booting up..

Have tried to attach my minidumps for the three that show the DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL, but it is telling me I am not allowed to upload a .RAR file????

Here is a link on my dropbox to get the Driver_Corrupted_expool minidumps  https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bihic9qlhppqsg/Minidumps.rar , Can provide the latest one for IRQL once I figure out how to get windows to run for more than a few seconds.

Any help concerning this is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Wayne Robison

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

Hello! I'm wondering can you run in the safe mode?? You could also try the clean boot mode. If you can run windows in these modes, you probably have software problems. If not then time to look for hardware problems. These are my suggestions. Have you tested your RAM??

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer

Here's a good read that may help you understand BSOD.

http://www.howtogeek.com/163452/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-blue-screen-of-death/

The members here at BC will help you with this issue. Hang in there!

PS Never down load any thing from the above links that are provided. Just read them and use the information they provide. Be careful when you surf the internet.

Edited by donetao, 19 May 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#3 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

Can provide the latest one for IRQL once I figure out how to get windows to run for more than a few seconds.

You can try "Safe Mode" and if it works fine, please upload the latest dumps with next reply.

#4 Palenor

Palenor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:42 AM

Thanks folks,

Here are the two most latest minidump files.

had to post them to dropbox again, cant seem to upload them through bleepiing computer forum.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ktnqi1j9o8a1ec4/AAARktK6adp0jj63ycoK1UgTa

Thanks again in advance for any help with this issue.

Regards,

Wayne Robison

#5 Palenor

Palenor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

OK ran the memory test on start-up 3 different times and all three times it stated that there were no memory errors detected.

Also ran the Fix-it startup executable, it did not find anything of substance. Only message I received is that my Superfetch is not turned on, which is correct I have it turned off and has been off for years.

Regards,

Wayne Robison

Edited by Palenor, 19 May 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#6 Palenor

Palenor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

I also looked into the error message concerning the NetWorx drivers, seems that it can cause some BSOD's at times when you have a certain option checked, I did have that option checked and have corrected that part.

I do not think that is the cause of the other BSOD's I have encountered in the last week, I could be wrong.

I have the same program NetWorx installed on three other windows 7 systems and have had zero issues with them concerning BSOD's.

By the way the other three systems had the option turned off that cause the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD on my machine,

Regards,

Wayne Robison

#7 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

Networx seems to play a role in the crashes.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800034c5ec1}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\networx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for networx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for networx.sys
Probably caused by : tdx.sys ( tdx!TdxSendDatagramTransportAddress+2f5 )

"Networx" is a known problem causer for years. I have seen BSOD issues created by it across several forums. I would recommend uninstalling "Networx" completely at least a a test. 

#8 KJackson50

KJackson50

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

What I normally do when my users get BSODs is go into msconfig and start disabling uneeded start-up items and services. If it doesn't BSOD anymore, play around with the start-up items and services that you disabled by enabling them one by one to figure out which one is causing the issue.

#9 Palenor

Palenor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

I have now uninstalled Networx completely from my system, will see how that works.

I also had some problems in the past when I had installed another network type monitoring software that caused BSOD;s, but with different messages.

TO fix those problems I had to uninstall the network monitoring software, which really screwed things up after uninstalling it. I was able to trace those BSOD's down to WinPcap.

I finally had to install WinPcap 4.1.3 back on my system just to get it to run correctly.

I am wondering if that also still has something to do with the NetWorx issue causing these most recent BSOD's due to WinPcap?

#10 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

I am wondering if that also still has something to do with the NetWorx issue causing these most recent BSOD's due to WinPcap?

May or may not be. Networx do have it's own driver ( networx.sys ). Existence of other network filtering drivers may affect it's operation. One such example is firewall programs. All third party firewall programs ( either stand alone like "Zone Alarm " or part of Antivirus program ) will try to monitor and control all network traffic. Installing "Networx" along with a third party firewall almost guarantees a BSOD.  

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 20 May 2014 - 08:11 AM.

#11 Palenor

Palenor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

Thanks for the help , uninstalling the Networx software seems to have done the trick

Thanks again,

Wayne Robison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users