Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slowness at Work

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KJackson50

KJackson50

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

We've been running into general slowness across the board at our organization. A few things that are happening is that webpages take forever to open up, takes forever to type e-mails, etc... What we thought initially is that we just need to update our speeds across the board to a fiber connection (we are in the process of doing this). I even ran speed tests on some computers and they were barely getting over 3mbps!

However I had another theory. Upgrading to fiber is good, but what I've found is that all of our subnets are on one broadcast domain. That means all that broadcast traffic is going through that one interface on the router. My question is, would breaking up the broadcast domains allow for better speeds? As of now we are not scheduled to upgrade to fiber until a TBA date in the future, I'm trying to find a solution for the short term that will quell everyone's rising anger!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users