Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxies for anonymity - High Anonymous vs Distorting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hummhumm

hummhumm

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Up until now, i've been using high anonymous proxies for my anonymity needs. I've recently read about a type of proxy service called Distorting proxies.

Would a distorting proxy provide more anonymity than a high anonymous proxy? If someone really wanted to find out who you really are when using a high anonymous proxy, they could contact the proxy server that your using and bribe them or use a warrant to learn your real identity, and track you down. A distorting proxy doesn't show the proxy servers IP address or yours(a completely fake IP). Wouldn't this mean there wouldn't be any way to learn your real identity? The only drawback is that it will be detectable that you're using a proxy. Wouldn't this secure your anonymity?

Did I understand a distorting proxy correctly, or am I wrong? Please provide an explanation if I got it all wrong. xD

Thanks for the help! :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users