Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi to all. I am The Repair Man!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheRepairMan

TheRepairMan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

Well... a repairman, just saying hello!

I'm by no means "the" only repair man, but I call myself that because I have had the privilege to work on such a huge variety of different mechanical and electrical projects over the past five decades. Professionally, for over forty years now, I have been employed, educated, and certified in the transportation field as a service and repair technician, which means I use a PC and other types of computerized diagnostic electronics as part of my tools for work. Other times I play with and build PCs at home as a hobby, as well as enjoying some audio/video with emphasis on digital still photography and film archival. Recording family related events, and the study of genealogy are often my main topics of focus, exploration and research.

I rely so heavily on my computers to keep my projects alive that I am constantly trying to improve the virtual conditions and hardware functions. This site has been a huge help to keep things going over the years and I am truly grateful for the help. I am  a completely self taught geek and my own tech support, so it's not always quick and easy for me, but I don't give up easily. I am always a student of life.

Oh, and when I start feeling overwhelmed, I jump on my 06 Yamaha FZ1 and hit the mountains to free my mind. I also enjoy all forms of racing, and many other sports. I love my wife and kids, and enjoy studying history, maps, the stars, old cars, planes, and trains, as well as hanging around and photographing horses and birds. Life is good.

Please don't hesitate to ask me questions about anything, at anytime. I'll always help in any way I can.

-Roger

Edited by TheRepairMan, 18 May 2014 - 09:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PlanoForrest

PlanoForrest

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

I opened a "voicemail" message in Outlook with Windows7 and I now have several issues - obviously it was a virus. So now my Outlook does't work, I can't run task manager or Windows Updates and probably other issues. I have run malwarebytes, spybot sophos, CCleaner and Tweaking and have helped remove a few things, but not my main issues. What other removal tools should I run to completely get rid of this nasty bugger? Thanks for all the help!

#3 TheRepairMan

TheRepairMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

I opened a "voicemail" message in Outlook with Windows7 and I now have several issues - obviously it was a virus. So now my Outlook does't work, I can't run task manager or Windows Updates and probably other issues. I have run malwarebytes, spybot sophos, CCleaner and Tweaking and have helped remove a few things, but not my main issues. What other removal tools should I run to completely get rid of this nasty bugger? Thanks for all the help!

Hey there, PF. I think you posted your delima in the wrong forum. It appears that it landed in "introductions". You might try moving or reposting your request to the appropriate area of the board. Thanks!

-TRM

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,767 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

Looks like they have reposted properly. Thanks for noticing the error. Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534734/voicemail-virus/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users