Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows internet explorer not responding

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 nini1948

nini1948

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

Recently I keep getting a problem with internet explorer not responding. I have a hp computer with 32 bit vista. I have run several maleware programs and antivirsus programs and haven't found anything.

Recently I thought I had a virsus and I came on here and with a lots of help we got everything cleared out. I've run maleware bytes super antispyware and cccleaner and none of these found anything. I also have avast antivirus running on my system. Any help as to what may be causeing this problem would be appreciated. Sometimes I get on internet explorer and don't have this problem at all everything seems to be working fine and at other times I get the message Internet explorer is not working recover the webpage. Thanks for any help. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

What version of Internet Explorer are you running?

Have you tried another browser to see if the problem is with the website?

Try the Fix it here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 nini1948

nini1948
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

I believe I have IE 9 and I tried to run the fix it program but I got the message troubleshooting cannot continue because an error has

occurred. Please try gain later which I did and I get the same message. I haven't tried anothe browser this is the only one that I use. This also says to download a utility to troubleshhot this problem click here but I don't know if this is something I should do or not.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

This also says to download a utility to troubleshhot this problem click here but I don't know if this is something I should do or not.

Where are you seeing this?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 nini1948

nini1948
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

I clicked on the fix it in your reply and when I hit run the fix it program starts and then comes up with the error message I gave you I went ahead and tried the utility download but it doesn't work at all I believe it gave an error code of 404.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Unfortunately, you didn't to my question and went ahead and downloaded the program.  You also didn't answer my question regarding where you were seeing this.  So I have no idea what a 404 error code is, and since you preface the statement with "I believe" I'm not even sure if the error is a 404.

I want to help you, but this will require you to provide me with any requested information regarding this problem.

#7 nini1948

nini1948
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:32 PM

Yes I did answer your question I told you I saw this when I clicked on the try the fix it here and I got the message that I told you also the error code was 404 which says file or directory not found. I'm doing everything that you suggest I did run that download on my own but the site tells you to do that if the fix it program has a problem. I appreciate your help and I'm trying to follow your instructions and answer your questions.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

Please download and install Windows Repair (All in one)

To open the program click on the Start orb.

Click on All Programs.

Click on Windows Repair (All in one), this may be listed as Tweaking.com.

If you are running Windows Vista, 7, or 8 right click on Windows Repair (All in one)  and then click on Run as administrator.

Notice:  You will need to disable your antivirus in order to run this program, for this reason you should run this while off line.

Go to Step 2 and click on the Do it button to allow CheckDisk to run. 

windowsrepairstep2-1_zps08aed02b.png

Go to Step 3 and click on the Do it button to run System File Check.

windowsrepairstep3-1_zps935b7603.png

Go to Step 4 and click on the Create button under System Restore.

windowsrepairstept4-1_zpseb336401.png

Go to Start Repairs and click on the Start button.

Important: Do not make any changes to the check marks.

For those running Windows 8 please note that  Reset Registry Permissions is not checked by design.

When the page below opens click on the Start button.

windowsrepairstartrepairs-1_zpsa179850d.

Please copy and paste the Windows Repair Log in your next post.  This log (_windows_repair_log.txt) is located in the following folder:

*  64-bit systems file path - C:\Program Files (x86)\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Logs

*  32-bit systems file path - C:\Program Files\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Logs

Copy the file path for your version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit), click on the Start orb and paste it in the Search all programs and files box.

Click on Logs.

Click on _Windows_Repair_Logs.

Copy and paste this log in your next post. 

#9 nini1948

nini1948
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

Ok I tried this but apparently the download is a different version than the one shown here it had 5 steps then start repairs but it was close enough to run per your instructions. I did everything as you suggested but when I got to start repairs I clicked on it and clicked the start button it came up with the screen with check marks on it but I couldn't tell if it was running or not and i let it go for hours but it never did anything so I got out of it. For the last 2 days I haven't had the problem with internet explorer though. I let this start repairs program run for a very long time so I didn't know what else to do.  

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

I will have to look at the new version and amend my instructions.

For the meantime lets just wait and see since you are no longer having problem with Internet Explorer.

#11 nini1948

nini1948
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

Well I thought maybe it was fixed but it did it once again yesterday and now I'm getting the message windows security center is turned off and it won't let me turn it on.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

#13 nini1948

nini1948
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

I downloaded speccy clicked on file but it won't let me go to publish snapshot it won't let me do anything but clicl on the first thing in the list which is load snapshot. I don't know if i need to do that or not.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

What happens when you click on Publish Snapshot?

#15 nini1948

nini1948
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

Nothing happens only the first item in the list is where you can click on it. It is in black print and all the other items are faded out you can read what they say but you can't click on them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users