Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repeated BSODs after updating Adobe Air

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CLWICLWOI

CLWICLWOI

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

After installing Windows 7 updates, I got an onscreen message that an update was available for Adobe Air.  Was not familiar with this program, so checked it out; it seemed valid, so I installed the update.  Shortly thereafter, I got a BSOD.  Restarted the computer in safe mode, tried to uninstall Adobe Air using Control Panel Programs & Features; got an error message to the effect that I could not uninstall without Administrator privilieges (which is very strange since I am only user and AM the Administrator.  My husband suggested just going into the C drive in My Computer and deleting it the old fashioned way, which I did.  Also deleted Air from Recycle Bin, so it should be GONE.  At first, it seemed to solve the problem; computer started up as normal, and I was able to go into other programs.  However, BSOD returned.  My husband restarted and ran Norton Quick Scan, then restarted; again, computer started up but soon returned to BSOD.  On one of these forays, I noticed something about a corruppted driver, but it did not stay on the blue screen long enough to determine what it said.  Now computer turns on, but even Windows open screen does not come up.  This is a brand new Lenovo X1 Carbon 20A7 (one without actual FN keys -- these are the adaptive type, so not really sure that "clicking" on repeated F8 is leading to Safe Mode; in any case, computer appears to turn itself off after a couple of minutes.

Now I really don't know what to do -- I would suspect a defect in the computer, but it seemed to be working fine prior to update of Adobe Air.  Right now, I'd be satisfied just to be able to get into Safe Mode.  Any ideas???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

Hi

As the issue started after a Windows update and an Adobe AIR update, i would recommend restoring the system to a date prior to this happened. 

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

Let us know whether it helps.

#3 CLWICLWOI

CLWICLWOI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

I'd love to restore the system to earlier yesterday; however, I now get only a black screen -- not even Windows welcome screen comes up when I start the computer.  If I can get Windows to start up (preferably in Safe  Mode), I'll certainly try this.

#4 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

Hello! W8 is different! Try this method!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

#5 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

If I can get Windows to start up (preferably in Safe  Mode), I'll certainly try this.

What happens when you try to boot in to "Safe Mode" ?.

Have you tried offline "System Restore" using installation disc/System repair disc ?.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users