Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen shaking at lower resolution...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 guardian715

guardian715

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

Hello everyone! I am very new here and I have a question that Google has no answer for, as I do not know how to properly describe the problem, so please bear with me.

I have an HP Compaq 6000 Pro All-In-One pc that works great, but has a small, yet incredibly annoying issue. When I updated my drivers after reinstalling Windows 7 32bit, my graphics card driver installed AMD Catalyst Control Center and since then, my screen will always malfunction when a lower resolution (native being 1920x1080). At the lower resolution, my screen will duplicate the original image it is trying to show. While the image is duplicated, my screen shakes, which renders any reading on the multiple screens incredibly difficult. This was not an issue BEFORE I updated my driver. Not updating the driver makes it so that I cannot use the native resolution. Can anyone PLEASE help? This has been plaguing me for weeks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

Are you able to set it to the native resolution now? I couldn't figure that out from your post.

#3 guardian715

guardian715
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:38 PM

Yes, I am, but playing a game or something in a lower resolution does that... As in, if something goes fullscreen, but not in 1920x1080, I cannot reconfigure it.

#4 guardian715

guardian715
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

Are you able to set it to the native resolution now? I couldn't figure that out from your post.

Yes I am. My native resolution is perfectly fine... it is anything in a lower resolution. Instead of the screen simply looking blurry, it duplcates the image like tile.

#5 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

Is there a specific game which is not allowing you to set native resolution in that game?

Does the game crash, or are you able to properly exit it?

After exiting the game, and your resolution is messed up in windows, are you saying that you can't set it back to native res?

Can the game be set to run in windowed mode (thus not altering your resolution)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users