Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SDhead2001

SDhead2001

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

So I recorded a video earlier today on a program called Bandicam which some of you might be familiar with. I came back to my computer this evening and the file is corrupted and won't open. I can only open it with Windows Live Movie Maker but when I do that it's only about 19 seconds and the video is fairly over 10-15 minutes. It is an AVI file. I was wondering if I could some how restore it to how it was before when it did open fine.

Edited by hamluis, 18 May 2014 - 08:41 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Audio/video Apps - Hamluis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,855 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

Are you saying that the program it was created with...does not open it?

Louis

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

Louis, Bandicam will not open the file. As a video file saved in AVI format, it will be opened by the default program set for opening AVI files. I have AVI files set to open in Windows Media Player and that is what opens when I view something I've recorded with Bandicam.

SDHead2001,

Did you view the video right after you recorded it? If so, what program did it open in and were you able to view the entire recording?

What is the default program for opening AVI files?

Did you right click the file name, choose Open With and try a different program to open it? If not, please try that. Report back with the results.

When you opened it what, if any, error message did you get telling you it was corrupted and would not open?

Bonus question: Are you using the free version of Bandicam or the paid version?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 May 2014 - 09:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users