Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No internet access windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sajidali27

sajidali27

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

I need your help because i have problems with internet. When i installed windows and drivers it was ok. when i first time rebooted there was yellow triangle in right corner bottom.Then I re-installed the Lan driver and it works but its repeating and re-installing the driver doesn't help anymore. I even re-installed windows but the problem is still here.
All other devices work properly wireless and connected with cable. Is it possible that any storm damaged my network card? They said me maybe my card is burned but its almost new computer and internet work fine now but when i will restart computer it wont probably...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hi,

If the computer is almost new the LAN card may still be under warranty - if so it might be time to swap it.

Are you using a router? If not then it is possible that a power surge during a storm could reach your computer. The LAN card would be the first to be hit.

Surge protectors for your data wiring are available and a wise investment in areas that see electrical storms up close and personal.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users