Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Locked out of Windows 7, forgotten password:(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lynyrd53_*

Guest_lynyrd53_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

I can't logon to my pc as I forgot my password. I just today got a USB Flash drive and I hope someone can tell me if i'm going to install and use it correctly. I was told I need to get into CMOS(BIOS). To do this I was told to restart my sisters pc and plug in the USB Flash. I was told it will prompt me to setup reboot by promptsaying: press x to enter setup, but x could be F1,F2,Del or another key. When I see message, press key to enter CMOS setup.

This is where I need someone with knowledge of PC's advice. How can I just save my password on my USB Flash, instead of it loading everything on my pc. Then I need to know, if I have info saved on the USB Flash, then do I plug it into my pc and it will give me the info I saved???

If anyone can help me, please send me a message. Because I am very unskilled when it comes to pc's. Thank you, Lynyrd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

Try guessing your password a few times,just to see if it jogs your memory.you might be lucky :-)

If not,you need to boot the computer from the flash drive.

When you turn on the computer you will see "entering setup" message in the first few seconds after turning the computer on it will say something like this -

• Press [key] to enter setup
  • Setup: [key]
  • Enter BIOS by pressing [key]
  • Press [key] to enter BIOS setup
  • Press [key] to access BIOS
  • Press [key] to access system configuration

Quickly press the key or keys instructed by the previous message to get into the Bios.(You press the key several times,repeatedly)

. Then follow the instructions here

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/bootusbflash.htm

Then you need to reset the password,

instructions here

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/reset-password-windows-7.htm

Take your time and follow the instructions carefully one by one,its not as complicated as it looks at first if you do them step by step.

Edited by Wolverine 7, 17 May 2014 - 04:46 AM.

#3 spark33

spark33

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

you can boot in linux cd like knoppix and reset your password if you feel ok using linux.

#4 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Is this a bios password or win 7 password?

If it is a win 7 password, use this tool: How To use Offline NT Password & Registry Editor

This tool is a live cd, that means they are burned to a disk and booted from the disk, not from windows.

Change Boot order from BIOS

#5 Smithlinda

Smithlinda

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:37 AM

Is the USB which you have used to created a password reset disk? If not the this way will not work. But don't worry if you have another account with administrative rights you can follow the steps below to reset the forgotten password:

Step 1: While typing a wrong win 7 password, a password hint will appear. Click “Reset password “, it will show you the Password Reset Wizard.
Step 2: Click NEXT and select your disk drive to reset the password with a new one.
Step 3: Then you can use the new password to log in your win 7 PC.

If this way still doesn't work please refer to a third-party tool to reset it. There is one you can have a try with. Here is the download source: http://download.cnet.com/Windows-Password-Key/3000-2092_4-75031111.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users