Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Difficulty viewing ESPN & other recorded content via TV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rbul1

rbul1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

I have tried LG's Wireless Media Box and also Google Chromecast with no success, probably due to my failure to understand the process.

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit OS

2.5GHz AMD Athlon 64 X CPU

2GB DD2 Ram

WD320GB HDA

Radeon HD4350 512MB 64 bit DD3

Netgear WNR3500 Wireless Router

Netgear WNR3100 Wireless Adapter

ACER 21.5" LCD Monitor

If anyone has the patience to detail the steps needed I will be most appreciative.

rbul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

What is the recorded content and/or how are you viewing ESPN? Using a tuner card and recording a cable/antenna signal? Or something else? And related…what are you using to play back the recorded content?

#3 rbul1

rbul1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

I was attempting to replay March Madness BB games using the LG media box connected via WIFI to my HD TV.

I also tried the Chromecast widget plugged into the TV's auxillary HDMI port and the Chromecast software.

The replay displays on the PC but doesn't make it to the TV (though the TV displays a WIFI connect after selecting HDMI 2 as input). 

Is this considered 'streaming'?

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

I was attempting to replay March Madness BB games using the LG media box connected via WIFI to my HD TV.
I also tried the Chromecast widget plugged into the TV's auxillary HDMI port and the Chromecast software.

The replay displays on the PC but doesn't make it to the TV (though the TV displays a WIFI connect after selecting HDMI 2 as input). 

Is this considered 'streaming'?

It is possible I was a bit confusing in my question, but you still have not said what you are using to "replay" the March Madness games. Is it a recording that you made by using a tuner card to capture your cable/satellite signal? If so, what program are you using to playback the recording? Is it directly from a website using a web browser?

#5 rbul1

rbul1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

Sorry I don't recall the site where the selection of games to be replayed were available.

As to "what program were you using ..."

That is the issue, I was missing the program/steps necessary to effect the re-playable games and the hardware (LG Media Box or Chromecast Widget). 

I was hoping someone who had used a similar hardware widget & program could advise me.

#6 rbul1

rbul1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

I found the site I was using:   http://espn.go.com/watchespn

One of the options available in addition to "Watch Now" is "Replay"

From Replay you can select a recently recorded game to watch.

In my case I wish to implement the ability to watch on my 42" LCD TV.

Ergo the reason to try using the LG Wireless Media Box and/or Google's Chromecast widget and software.

Unfortunately I did not have enough information to make either application/hardware function correctly and why I sought help through this venue.

I was able to watch via my desktop PC, but could not display wirelessly on my TV.

Yes, the TV via the LG device and the Chromecast widget have the ability to receive via WIFI.

Edited by rbul1, 24 May 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#7 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

Here are instructions that should in theory allow you to "Chromecast" the WatchESPN site:

As to the LG Wireless Media Box, does you computer screen in general show up on your TV when you use that device (i.e. forget about WatchEPSN etc for the moment)? In theory, if you have everything setup correctly, then you computer screen should appear on the HDTV in general. If it is not, then something is not setup properly.

FWIW, if you/we cannot figure any of this out, then you could hook the computer directly to the HDTV to watch those games…or there are certainly other devices (such as an AppleTV) that will allow you access to the WatchESPN content on your HDTV (assuming your Internet provider supports the use of that device with WatchESPN).

Edited by smax013, 25 May 2014 - 01:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users