Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I believe my SSD and HDD are conflicting.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darvil

Darvil

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

I am not sure if this should go under Windows 7 or Internal hardware because I am not sure if it is a software issue or a hardware issue yet. So I apologize if I posted under the wrong category.

Specifications on my PC are in this link.
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/EflNS6nZ1Nry2ctuTvB0tAT

I recently put my two HyperX 120GB SSDs in Raid0 but for some reason my boot time is about 2 minutes. I have good reason to believe that my newer SSD is conflicting with my 2TB Western Digital Cavier Black HDD. Earlier today I removed my newer (Only by a month) SSD and the computer booted up in 15 seconds. I reinstalled the SSD and it booted in about 2 minutes (and continues to do so) and this was prior to me putting them in raid0. Furthermore, when the SSD was out my 2TB drive was recognized in the bios where as now it does not. I do not understand why my 750GB HDD shows up though but I am not able to access it. I've check both Device manager and Disk management, but neither show my 2TB HDD. I've seen several threads similar to my problem but none quite the same. I'd appreciate any insight given on this matter. Thanks!

Things I have done:
1. Redo Raid0 and reinstall windows without HDDs installed.
2. Flash BIOS
3. Put HDDs in another Computer

THISSUCKS_zpsc25742b2.pngjk

I can't access the 750GB HDD nor can I format or change letter.

Also in the link, there are errors when you scroll down to the storage part that may be related but I am not sure.

Should I undo raid0 format both SSDs then put them in Raid0? Would that even make a difference? I am completely out of ideas on what to do because my 2TB drive is recognized in the BIOS if I install it without one SSD.

Edited by hamluis, 16 May 2014 - 06:42 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Darvil

Darvil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

140516170122_zps1ce4d533.png

SSDs + HDDs installed

140516165952_zps8c2db113.png

SSDs uninstalled with HDDs installed.

Edited by Darvil, 16 May 2014 - 05:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users