Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RESTORING DELETED DOCUMENT FROM RECYCLE BIN

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ridgerunner1945

Ridgerunner1945

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

YESTERDAY IN ERROR DELETED A DOCUMENT WITH ADDRESSES AND OTHER IMPORTANT DATA. MY OS IS WINDOWS 8.1 64-BIT. IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN RETRACT THIS DOCUMENT OR IS IT A LOST CAUSE. HAVE MALWAREBYTES BACKUP. 

IT COULD BE RETRACTED USING A DIFFERENT RESTORE POINT. DON'T KNOW FOR SURE AND I'M ASKING TO ANYONE MORE SAVY OF P/C PROGRAMS.

RIDGERUNNER1945

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

I assume you emptied your recycle bin Many users including myself have had success with Recuva. It is well worth a shot and should be attempted A.S.A.P

#3 EwenB

EwenB

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

You should note that on computer forums it is considered SHOUTING to use upper case and the use of makes the post difficult to read!

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

Hi Ridgerunner1945, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

If you haven't emptied the Recycle Bin you can restore individual items, or all of the item.  

Right click on the item you want to remove from the Recycle Bin and choose Restore.

If you want to restore all of the items the is a pair of options at the top of the recycle bin, one of these is Restore all items.

If you have emptied the recycle bin the information is still on the hdd.  This is a time sensitive issue since the data removed from the recycle bin can be overwritten with other data.  So you need to try to retrieve the data as soon as possible.  Old Rocker's suggestion to use Recuva is a good choice.  I've used this program to retrieve "lost" data on hdds.

I suspect that you weren't intentionally shouting at us, I suspect that you accidentally pressed the cap lock key and weren't aware of the fact. :wink:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users