Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popup sounds no window

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Adams369

Adams369

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

I have a brand new computer and this happened twice so far. Get a sound like the user account control should pop up but no window for it. thought maybe someone hacking my computer but no suspicious acctivity or new software or folders. also checked my wifi and seems to have a hp computer on it not sure dont own one checked the mac address coming from houston. can i get this device off of my wifi cant seem to change my router password cant find where to do that in router settings. the computer is a lenovo windows 8 the router is a buffalo airstation

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Adams369

Adams369
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

I have a brand new computer and this happened twice so far. Get a sound like the user account control should pop up but no window for it. thought maybe someone hacking my computer but no suspicious acctivity or new software or folders. also checked my wifi and seems to have a hp computer on it not sure dont own one checked the mac address coming from houston. can i get this device off of my wifi cant seem to change my router password cant find where to do that in router settings. the computer is a lenovo windows 8 the router is a buffalo airstation

also scan my computers everyday with bitdefender , malewarebytes and superantispyware programs and have never downloaded anything else on it

#3 BKSeoul

BKSeoul

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

It may be something like an automated update for Java or Adobe occuring.  The next time you hear it, try holding the "alt" button and then tap the "Tab" button to cycle through the open windows you have.  I have seen instances where it does open a UAC window for updates like that needed your permission to install, but the window for whatever reason appears behind other open windows or even sometimes not at all until alt+tab to it and then it pops up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users