Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS/Time/Date Reset when laptop battery is removed or dead

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RHBlueFlame

RHBlueFlame

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

Hi. I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum or not but I have a Lenovo G580. It came with Windows 8 and I downgraded it to Windows 7. I had to make obvious BIOS changes in order for this to happen because they were default to Windows 8. The issue I am having is when the battery dies or is removed (power discharged) the BIOS resets making Windows 7 boot impossible unless making those necessary changes. I have changed the CMOS battery and the BIOS is updated to the latest version.  Lenovo support is no help so I am at a loss.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

Sounds like a CMOS battery issue.  You may try replacing the CMOS battery again, perhaps there was problem with the one that you used.

#3 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

Is the Time and Date going to some default values aswell? If so it has to be the CMOS battery, since everything is going back to defaults.

Maybe you damaged the battery's dock by accident?

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#4 RHBlueFlame

RHBlueFlame
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

It hasn't happened yet. I will let you know if it does. Thank you for replies. Sorry it took me so long to reply. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users