Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Various BSoDs... But not in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joeldamole

joeldamole

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

Hey so I was installing Windows 7 after getting a new i7 and motherboard and it blue screened. The second time, it was fine. However, it blue screened minutes after booting. It now does this almost every time. it does NOT crash on safe mode.

Running on integrated graphics does not help

Switching in different RAM hasn't helped. Running one stick at a time does not help. memtest finds no problems

Bought a new SSD and installed again, still blue screens

Got a different PSU and it still blue screens.

Could anyone tell me what the cause might be? I have DHL coming to take my motherboard away for RMA tomorrow but I don't want them to if they are going to find no fault and charge me a fee to bring it back!

It's an ASUS GRYPHON Z87 motherboard with the latest BIOS update. bluescreenview report attached.

Cheers

Attached Files

Edited by joeldamole, 15 May 2014 - 02:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joeldamole

joeldamole
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

There was a badly formatted html table here, see attachment on OP instead.

Edited by joeldamole, 15 May 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

Those dumps point to a ram/memory issue, it could be incompatible ram or bad ram settings, the motherboard, cpu, or bad ram. Run memtest86: Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)

Download and burn the file to a disc, then boot to the disc.

Unfortunately, there are not many ways to determine exactly what the cause is. If you have any overclocks remove them, reset the cmos (bios) settings to factory default.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users