Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i think im infected? dnt know how to use adwcleaner

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 GreekEnigma

GreekEnigma

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

Ok ive only this second joined this forum (and i have a disability which makes it very very hard for me to think so please bare with me)
Ok basically im not techy at all due to my illness (was going to explain why im unwell but i guess that info isnt needed lol)

Ok this is my prob
lately the OSD volume (packardbell/acer on screen volume thing shows up by itself at times,'its a green volume bar') its only supposed to show if you change the volume yourself, i was thinking something seems up (malware or virus etc) as it shouldnt popup for no reason

ok i will list what i have instealled for security (and if anyone things getting paid security is better please recommend ive heard of bitdefender is good or am i wrong)

NO FIREWALL (as i heard windows 7 built in firewall is ok?.plus as unwell like its silent)
Avast antivirus free

malwarebytes free (use it just to scan)
superantispyware free (just to scan)
spywareblaster (unsure what it does,something to browsers it seems)
peerblock (although i dnt understand it i just leave it running as seems to blockout alot of things)

and in firefox i have the following addons (again as im disabled and my mind is very slow/hard to take in info,i only addded them as heard i should, even though i have no clue what their doing)

ABP (Add block plus)
ghostery (really dnt understand this thing)

anyway to the point :@)

after the pc was showing volume at times for no reason i thought ide use malwarebytes (even though i run it everytime i use the laptop)
and it said everything is fine

i then found this wesite (im only on 1 forum in the whole world called avforums but i thought this looked better for pc stuff :@)
i then downloaded mbar (said fine)

then downloaded  awsMBR (nothing showed i think so fine i guess)

i used combofix and JRT (wish i didnt as heard i shouldn't use them unless techy plus i think combofix deleted things without asking

Wel ladwcleaner popped up things! (im unsure if their a false positive?) I DONT KNOW HOW TO SHOW THE SCREENSHOT ON HERE?

also ive heard that gadgets on windows 7 have been taken away with a security update

so i thought ide see and right clicked on desktop and clicked gadjets and they still work (why??)

basically i want to show adwcleaner results, ccleaner results, and im installing emisoft antimaleware this second (clicked freeware install)

reason is because my health, i just usually click delete on any results ccleaner or malwaebytes show (relying on them being correct as im not techy plus unwell)

in short im just very depressed that i cant get to grips with things due to my illness so need some help

thankyou

im used to just using the pc and scanning with malwarebytes and ccleaner and deleteing anything it lists (which im guessing was bad of me)

also im wondering if this windows 7 ultimate could be the prob (let me explain)

ok the laotop had a genuine windows 7 but my bro messed things up so bad that even recover partition wouldnt work (packardsbell own thing) and the genuine sticker on the bottom of laptop all code was rubbed off (why dnt they pu the stcker somewhere else or make better stickers

anyway so about a year ago i thought sod it we should have to pay because microsoft doesnt make decent stickers

so i downloaded a win7allversions iso and clicked ultimate (it said in posters notes genuine just added script for activation (something like that(but im wondering if this could be iffy)

Edited by GreekEnigma, 15 May 2014 - 02:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreekEnigma

GreekEnigma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

OK IN SHORT I WONT OME HELP TO SEE IF IVE GOT A VIRUS,MALWARE,DIALLERS ETC (ANY NASTIES I WONT GONE :) PLEEEEEEASE

THANKYOU

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

I have already responded in your other thread here. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues when asking for and receiving assistance elsewhere. Further, it necessitates staff spending time with housecleaning to remove or close those duplicate postings...time which could have been provided to others needing assistance. If you have follow up questions...then post them in your original topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.
The BC Staff

This thread is closed.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users