Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

eventviewer

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

HI,I was rooting around inside my PC and ran what is called eventviewer and saw
that were a lot items showing up in the area called the kernel some of them go back to 3/20/2014 is this an area of concern all of the scans I have run in the last few days show no problems but just curious about these eventviewer listings.

Edited by LOVEMYPC, 15 May 2014 - 11:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

If your computer is running normal there is little concern. If you are having problems the Event Viewer can be a valuable asset.

Read more here...http://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/

#3 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Hello! I prefer the Reliability Monitor. It's kind a like event viewer but easier for me to use!

Let me know what you think!!

http://www.howtogeek.com/166911/reliability-monitor-is-the-best-windows-troubleshooting-tool-you-arent-using/

It is a great tool to use if your having BSOD. I don't know why BC forum isn't using it more. I guess they don't think it's any good or they just don't want to change. :notme: Here's another link by Micro$$oft  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749583%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

When it comes to hidden gems in Windows, nothing beats the Reliability monitor tool, hidden behind a link inside of another tool that you don’t use either. Why Microsoft doesn’t shine more light on this really useful troubleshooting tool, we’ll never know.

Reliability Monitor tracks the history of your computer — any time an application crashes, hangs, or Windows gives you a blue screen of death. It also tracks other important events, like when software is installed, or Windows Updates loads a new patch.

It’s an extremely useful tool. And yes, it’s in Windows 7 and 8… and even 8.1. It might be in Vista, but who uses that anymore?

Edited by donetao, 15 May 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#4 Scoop8

Scoop8

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

donetao

Thanks for the info on the Reliability Monitor.  Good stuff :)  I like the graph display.

#5 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

donetao

Thanks for the info on the Reliability Monitor.  Good stuff :)  I like the graph display.

Your welcome! Do you have a perfect 10??

#6 Scoop8

Scoop8

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

Your welcome! Do you have a perfect 10??

Most of the time, it appears so, but I occasionally have IE(10) issues where IE stops.  That lowers my reliability graph line when those occur.  Then the trend line goes back to 10 .

I haven't looked into those IE issues since they're infrequently intermittent and don't bother me much.  I close the browser and relaunch and all's well.

I think my IE issue is related to when I'm streaming a news broadcast and have had the browser open for a long time.  Once I close and reopen, it works well.

#7 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

Hello! I have received those IE issues also. I down loaded the latest version, and I haven't see a issue lately, but I seldom use IE.

It makes me mad when IE messes up my perfect 10! Have you ever reset IE??

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

#8 Scoop8

Scoop8

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for the link.  I bookmarked it and will try that soon.

I'm running IE10 on the Desktop PC so that may have something to do with the intermittent issues.  I upgraded to IE11 a few weeks ago on the Laptop (Win 7 x64) and am testing it out for a while before installing on the Desktop PC.

I like to use the Laptop as a "tester" PC when upgrading IE, or my AV, things like that, before I do the same on the Desktop PC since my Desktop PC is my main PC.

IE addiction :lol:  I probably should be using Firefox, Chrome, etc.  I got hooked on some specific IE default shortcut keys that aren't defined the same in Firefox (the last time I tried Firefox was not recently).  Since I don't use the mouse much, certain IE shortcut keys are important to me.

Edited by hamluis, 16 May 2014 - 06:52 PM.
Removed unnecessary quote box - Hamluis.

#9 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:32 PM

HI,I downloaded the reliability monitor and appears to me that it is easier to understand,but my graph
line is at a 5 or 6 the only perfect 10 I see is when I am looking in a mirror.
This installation of WIN 7 is about 6 months old can you copy & paste a screen shot of the monitor the
people on B/C of what is going on with a posters PC,THANKS

#10 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

HI,I downloaded the reliability monitor and appears to me that it is easier to understand,but my graph
line is at a 5 or 6 the only perfect 10 I see is when I am looking in a mirror.
This installation of WIN 7 is about 6 months old can you copy & paste a screen shot of the monitor the
people on B/C of what is going on with a posters PC,THANKS

Hello! Not sure what your asking for?? Very funny about looking in the mirror
I will try to attach a screen shot of my reliability monitor.
Capture48_zps47a71f12.jpg

Edited by donetao, 16 May 2014 - 11:57 PM.

#11 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:08 AM

I check the reliability monitor all the time, just to see how my PC is performing. I believe it's a great tool, but it doesn't have all the answers. It can however keep you informed about what's going on with your machine. There are some things there that you just ignore; just like the event viewer. I doubt if Micro$$oft ever gets it perfect. If they ever do, then we won't need sites like BC forum. Then I'll be bored, with nothing to do. :hysterical:

PS The Adobe Reader issue is now solved. It has updated successfully, and I'm a happy camper!!

Edited by donetao, 17 May 2014 - 12:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users