Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

crash, now no connection to monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mortennoer

mortennoer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

greetings all

a few days ago my computer suddently frooze while i was playing, and wasnt responding to anything even ctrl+alt+delete. i hardbootet it and now there was no reaction from the monitor at all. as a semi experienced computer enthusiast i figured i fad a fried graphic card and went out ond got a new one.. but with no result. i have since replaced the motherboard, RAM and CPU as well and still no diference.. basicly all i have left of the old computer is the harddrive, power and cd rom.

any advice to what could cause this? also one datail im not sure if its relatet, i cant seem to hardboot the computer with the frontal powerbutton anymore by pressing it down for 5 secs, but it still works for turinng on the machine.

the computer does start up, ang all the fans are working ect. but im not sure if there could still be a issue with the power supply or something..

btw. i have tried attaching another computer to the monitor and it works fine. also the hdmi output from my graphiccard aint registered aither

any suggestions welcome

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:29 AM

Does the new MB have integrated video, or will it only work with a discrete card? Reason I ask is that I would try to get it working with integrated video. Once you have that working we can move on to the discrete problems.

#3 mortennoer

mortennoer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

Unfortunately there is no video output from the new MB.

#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

I was not clear in my question.

Does the MB have the integrated video out capability, or do you HAVE to use an expansion card?

Edited by ElfBane, 16 May 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

In a situation like this it is really helpful if you give details on your hardware, so

Motherboard - make and model

RAM - quantity, make, number of sticks

Graphics card - make and model

PSU - make and power rating

But - welcome to BC ! And with this info more accurate advice can be supplied !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users