Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a virus resident on my computer.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hkyson

hkyson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

I have a virus resident on my computer. I can still use my system, but it is slowed down considerably

The malware has a name, RegCleanPro, and it has given me a phone number to get in touch with its staff: (800) 871-7918. Is anyone familiar with this piece of malware?

I have Microsoft Windows on my machine. I think it has Windows 7 installed on it, but I am not sure.

I would like to access some free software to remove this virus and to reset my machine to what it was before the virus attacked me.

I will be very grateful for any help that I can be given.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 May 2014 - 09:32 AM.
moved from Windows 8

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

Uninstall it in the Control Panel under Programs and Features.

Then run AdwCleaner.

Please download AdwCleaner and run it.

An image like the one below will open, click on Scan.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed.  Click on Ok.

When cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hkyson

hkyson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

Thank you very much for your advice. Unfortunately, I do not believe I can do this by myself. I will have a tech follow your instructions, and then I will get back to you later. I am very grateful to you for taking the time to give me these suggestions.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

This really is very simple.

All you need to do is to click on the link for the download.

This will take you to the download here at Bleeping computer where you will see at large button labeled Download, when you click on this it will automatically start the download.

You will need to know where to find the download, if you let know which browser you are using I will provide you with instructions for this.

Once it is downloaded you will need to double click on the download to start the installation, you will see a page with the option to Run, click on this and fallow the prompts to install the program.  You really can't mess up anything while doing this, so relax and enjoy the new experience.

Please give this a try, you are probably here not only to resolve your problem, but to save the price of taking the computer to a repair shop.  Most repair shops, like Best Buy's Geek Squad, will suggest reinstalling the operating system.  This is like breaking eggs with a hammer.

Once the program is installed follow the instruction in my last post.  It's really that simple.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users