I could not remove QONE8 from my browsers with JRT. I finally got rid of it but something weird has happened!
I was running Junkware Removal Tool 6.1.4
I have made two unusual steps:
I have moved the executable from where the script update had put the download of the latest version.
I have refused to reboot the system when I was asked to.
I ended with JRT informing me that a folder has been deleted
unfortunately it contained a suspicious file (nbuexplorer v3.2 from sourceforge.net) but there where hundreds executable files and tens of directories (some zipped or rarred) including the JRT executable
99% were free setup files you can get from bleepingcomputer, sourceforge, filehippo, etc
1% was rareware, abandonware, etc.
Most of the freeware tools to undelete have failed miserably.
The disk was 50% used so I thought it was hard to overwrite the clusters but it did happen!
My advice is to run JRT in a temporary folder (maybe it's my fault did not pay attention to some disclaimer)
Anyway since there is no guarantee a BACKUP is always welcome before you take some silly action!