Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cable network problem in my desktop pc after lightening?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pias94

Pias94

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:38 AM

Hello, previous day there was heavy lightening at my area. A lightening was so close to my house. After that my desktop pc goes black and i started it again. My desktop pc was worrking properly. But suddenly i notice that my desktop pc is not connected with internet. A cable that attached back to my pc, i look there and saw that THE LED LIGHT was on which means connection from my internet service provider was ok, also i called them and then say it is all ok from their side. Then i realize some problem may happen to my pc, otherwise the led light would flash if data was transferring. Then i thought i might loose their realtek PCIe GBE family network adapter after lightening. But i checked my device manager and network adapter. I saw there that the device is working properly. Also at command i type ping 127.0.0.1 and it replies. So What should i do now? What's the problem happened to my pc?

I'm using windows 8.1 , processor: Intel core 2 duo E7500. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BLACKB0X

BLACKB0X

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:46 AM

Can you also ping outside your LAN? Like google.com? Also did you powercycle everything (Router, Desktop, Modem, etc.) and try different ethernet cord or reseat the LAN card?

Also not sure if this would also help but flush you dns cache

ipconfig /flushdns

and clear cookies/temp data with CCleaner

#3 Pias94

Pias94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

Can you also ping outside your LAN? Like google.com? Also did you powercycle everything (Router, Desktop, Modem, etc.) and try different ethernet cord or reseat the LAN card?

Also not sure if this would also help but flush you dns cache

ipconfig /flushdns

and clear cookies/temp data with CCleaner

Thanks mate for your reply :)

No, I can't ping outside lan. I check the ethernet cord with a laptop and the data streaming was working. So ethernet cord is working perfectly. 

#4 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

Is your Modem/Router fuctioning correctly? You could test it out with that laptop if you aren't sure.

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users