Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Error Code D1 - BCP1:0044

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 charrje

charrje

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:06 AM

Dear Sirs,

Hoping someone could help me with the following problem/s:

1. Blue Screen - Windows shuts down and restarts

I just changed my HDD last month to a new Samsung EVO SSD and reinstalled Windows 7 Professional as well as Sony software
Frequency: once a day when I am using the computer or when I just leave the computer on

The error is as follows:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    d1
  BCP1:    0000000000000044
  BCP2:    0000000000000002
  BCP3:    0000000000000000
  BCP4:    FFFFF88006C7D8C1
  OS Version:    6_1_7601
  Service Pack:    1_0
  Product:    256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\051414-19796-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-27627-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I cant seem to find the solution to the exact BCP1 and BCP4 codes that I have.

2. Also, on the Action Center, the "download and install Sony Firmware Extension Parser" keeps appearing even if I have installed the driver from the Sony Support page. Is this the reason for the Blue Screen?

Hope to hear from you. Thanks Guys!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:10 AM

If you attach your minidump file I will look at it for you.

:busy:

#3 charrje

charrje
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

Hi TsVk!

Thank you for your reply. First of all, my apologies but I am not a familiar with computer software problems. Is the minidump file that you are asking me to attach  here are the ones with the .dmp file extension? I tried attaching the files here but it says I have no access to it and I have to contact the administrator or access to the file is denied. 

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

Yes, it is this file you should attach please.

C:\Windows\Minidump\051414-19796-01.dmp

If you have difficulty attaching it here you can load it on a file host (I use this one) and just copy the link in your reply.

#5 charrje

charrje
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

Hi TsVk!

Thank you once again for your reply. I am trying to access the file but I might have deleted it when I did a Disk Cleanup of the drive. I will attach and send you the file once a Blue Screen appears again. 

For the meantime, I noticed that the Blue Screen normally occurs when I use my laptop at home and connect to the home network. Most of the Blue Screen also occurs when I am downloading movies at home. But when I use it at the office, no Blue Screen occured even if I am downloading.  

Also, I have downloaded the sony firmware extension parser and installed it. It says installation compete when I install it but the "download and install Sony Firmware Extension Parser" still appears on the Action Center. Is the installation of the Sony Firmware necessary? Is it related to the Blue Screen?

Thanks!

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

Hi charrje,

Just load up a minidump when you do get one then, no worries.

The fact that you only get the error at home seems very meaningful. (it could also be amazing coincidence :wink:)

There must be some variable that your machine doesn't like, and I highly suspect it is your home router. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your router driver.

The "Sony Firmware Extension Parser" could well be the source of the issue also. But to be honest I'd never even heard of that before until you mentioned it. On investigation it looks like very important firmware. I suggest you browse though some Sony support forums to find the answer, and resolve that issue.

Cheers

TsVk!

#7 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:47 AM

Most of the Blue Screen also occurs when I am downloading movies at home.

Probably the typical "D1" BSOD triggered by downloading torrents.

#8 charrje

charrje
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

Hi charrje,

Just load up a minidump when you do get one then, no worries.

The fact that you only get the error at home seems very meaningful. (it could also be amazing coincidence :wink:)

There must be some variable that your machine doesn't like, and I highly suspect it is your home router. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your router driver.

The "Sony Firmware Extension Parser" could well be the source of the issue also. But to be honest I'd never even heard of that before until you mentioned it. On investigation it looks like very important firmware. I suggest you browse though some Sony support forums to find the answer, and resolve that issue.

Cheers

TsVk!

Hi TsVk!

Another bluescreens occured last night and it occurred around 3-4 times when I was downloading movies. I also suspect that it might be the wifi signal at home but I have not installed any router driver to my laptop. I just connected to the wifi router. 

I tried leaving my laptop on the whole night, while connected to the home router thru wifi with no activities (ie downloading torrents) and no bluescreen occurred. I have not tried turning on any browser and leaving the laptop on yet. 

When I am at work and connect to the office router and at the same time downloading torrents and open browser, no bluescreen  occured. 

Is the bluescreen occurance that I am having a cause for concern like permanent damage to my laptop if not solved? Although I do want to solve it. 

For the firmware, I keep on installing it and it says installation successful but the "download and install Sony Firmware Extension Parser" just wont disappear in Activity Center. 

Below are the minidump files:

http://www.filedropper.com/052214-19687-01 

http://www.filedropper.com/052214-19983-01_1

http://www.filedropper.com/052214-20498-01

http://www.filedropper.com/052314-20373-01

Sorry I could not attach the files here. Hope you could access them at filedropper.com. 

Thank you once again for your help. Best regards.

#9 charrje

charrje
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

Most of the Blue Screen also occurs when I am downloading movies at home.

Probably the typical "D1" BSOD triggered by downloading torrents.

Hi Anshad Edavana,

I also suspect that it might be triggered by that because the bluescreen normally occurs when I am downloading torrents. Is there any way of preventing this? 

So far, before the bluescreen occurrd, I had my HDD upgraded to SSD and had the Windows 7 reinstalled. I also installed some sony software that was originally installed in this Sony Vaio laptop. I did not change the RAM. 

I tried leaving my laptop on the whole night, while connected to the home router thru wifi with no activities (ie downloading torrents) and no bluescreen occurred. I have not tried turning on any browser and leaving the laptop on yet. 

When I am at work and connect to the office router and at the same time downloading torrents and open browser, no bluescreen  occured. 

#10 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

The error seems to be related to a Atheros wireless adapter.

The best option is to uninstall the current Wireless adapter and install the latest available driver, or just reinstall the driver.

---------------

How to uninstall the Wireless adapter;

boot your PC, just before the system loads the Windows operating system; hit the [F8] Function 8 key on your keyboard which will launch the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.

Expand Network adapter

Right click the wireless adapter and click Uninstall

Exit device manager and restart your computer.

TsVk!

:busy:

Edited by TsVk!, 22 May 2014 - 11:45 PM.

#11 charrje

charrje
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hi TsVk!

Already did as per your instruction. When I uninstalled the Network Adapter, it asked me if I want the device driver deleted too but I did not check the box. When I restarted my computer, it automatically installed the Atheros driver. Hope it works. If not, I will try to check the 'delete device driver' and reinstall again. 

Will keep you updated. Thank you once again. Hope this solves the problem. 

Regards.

#12 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Hi charrje,

Yes, you need to delete/renew/update the device driver... that is what is causing the problem.

You may be able to just download the latest one and install it, or you may have to fully uninstall the device first and then install it again.

edit: or it may have fixed itself already on reboot... <_<

Edited by TsVk!, 24 May 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#13 charrje

charrje
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:01 AM

Hi TsVk!

So far, since I followed your instruction last weekend and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, no blue screen has appeared yet. Hope it continues this way. I'll keep you updated on this. 

For now, thank you very much for your help. Really appreciate it.

#14 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:05 AM

You're welcome. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users