Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Keyboard Behaviour on HP G6

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pirahnya

Pirahnya

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

I came into this notebook. The screen needs to be replaced, but there is another problem that has me wondering if it's worth it. That is the keyboard. When I type a, I get az; when I type s, I get sx; when I type d, I get dc; and when I type f, I get fv. This also happens when I type z, x, c, and v. These are the only keys that do this. I've been trying to find if it's just a faulty keyboard, or if it's other issue related.

I have already done what most sites suggested: check keyboard language, turn off sticky keys, etc. There are NO software upgrades for it.

It works fine with an external keyboard plugged it, which kinda tells me it's a faulty keyboard. I haven't taken it apart and really don't want to until I get a new screen.

What do you think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,413 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

I agree with your assessment.

Since an external keyboard works fine it seems that the built in keyboard is the issue.  However, is it also possible that there is additional damage.  But, since the keys that show on screen are directly next to the key pressed I'd say it is a hardware issue with the keyboard where the contacts for the double keys have some how become connected, best guess is liquid damage.

#3 Pirahnya

Pirahnya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

Yeah, my thoughts. Well, for the screen and keyboard it's only $80 plus time to tear into it, I may just bite the bullet and hope it doesn't go off. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users