Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nikon Software and conflict with W7, Home Premium

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jayhawk79424

jayhawk79424

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

Good Day,

I have an HP Laptop,G71-340US Notebook, W7 Home Premium, I have installed Nikon View NX2 program. 

I believe there is a conflict somewhere as I've installed same software on another Laptop and works fine.

The laptop sees the camera driver, I can 'drill down' to the DICM folder and see the pix. The View NX2 program opens, and the Nikon Transfer opens but will not 'see the camera' to populate the screen to start transfer. All settings are set to use NX2 software.

From what I can see there must be a conflict with something in W7 OS that is in conflict with the NX2 Program.

I've removed the program, used a reg cleaner to remove all instances of the NX2 install. Also have tried system restore but now can not go back to a date prior to the original install of the NX2 program.

Any suggestions/assistance would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bruce

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,394 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

Look into compatibility mode, may do the trick.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 jayhawk79424

jayhawk79424
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

Old Phil,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it- it was not set to W7 so I applied it to there. It did not work.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

I too have a Nikon and when I first got one I tried the Nikon supplied software and very quickly got rid of it !  I found it very slow to use, the same with the Canon equivalent.

I just use Windows Explorer for transferring images from a memory card onto the hard drive, and i use Irfanview and the Irfanview thumbnail viewer for viewing images.

Might be worth trying.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

I also have a couple of Nikons...I have this installed on my XP portion of my dual-boot...but have not installed it on Win 7 (no need).

From a press release:  "If you use 64-bit version Windows 7 or 64-bit version Windows Vista, operation takes place under 32-bit compatibility environment.", per http://www.nikon.com/news/2010/0817_viewnx2_03.htm .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users