Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help me!my laptop got messed up after using Adwcleaner inproperly.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vanguard89

Vanguard89

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

Ok, so I wanted to help my dad because his laptop was always full of adwares, conduits, toolbas and other junkware so I used adwcleaner (which is a great tool btw if one knows how to use it properly), now, when I used it on MY desktop pc in my room, I would usually just do 'clean' and after restart i would 'uninstall' so it would delete all that it found bad.. Anyway at my dad's laptop it found ALOT of stuff, but soo much registry things, I told him that it's probably not safe to delete all that was checked in, but in the end we did it (idk why :), so after rebooting laptop is acting really really weird, on reboot it started making really loud siren-like noises all the time, and when in windows also its making strange loud noises, like repetitive laser beams :OO also internet page acess was lost, but when I reloaded default settings on chrome it came back I guess, anyway, he insisted that we restore all files from adwcleaner quarantine and we did, but after reboot the problem is still there, and laptop is actually slower. I doubt that we did damage registry integrity and/or sound drivers or other drivers too. Please could you assist me? :) I'm writing a topic on malware-removal forums because I believe it has also to do with them, and we are using windows XP on this laptop.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum. Also deleted the duplicate post in Malware logs forum due to lack of any logs included with the topic.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

Hello ,Due to the potential damage done it would be safer to repost this info wit a DDS log. in the forum Animal deleted the topic as it had no log.

Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Vanguard89

Vanguard89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

Alright I did reinstall windows and the problem was terible, so I realised it's corrupted BIOS files, flashed bios, and it's fine now, problem gone :)

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

Thank you for the update!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users