Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer will not print

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SweetestMelisa

SweetestMelisa

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

Every time I try to print something it goes in the queue. Then when I go to See what's printing and try to print again, it tells me that I need to troubleshoot the printer. I do the troubleshoot and it tells me that the reason it is not working is because there is a file in queue causing it not to print. The troubleshooter fixes the problem but when I try to print again the same thing happens. I have downloaded drivers and done Microsoft Fix It to no avail. I have also uninstalled the printer and re installed to see if that would help and it did not. I am at a loss as to why it stopped working, I just used it a few days ago!

Melisa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

Is there paper in the printer? :D

I mean, seriously though, it sounds like the first print job isn't printing, so it may be some issue with the actual printer?

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

Every time I try to print something it goes in the queue. Then when I go to See what's printing and try to print again, it tells me that I need to troubleshoot the printer. I do the troubleshoot and it tells me that the reason it is not working is because there is a file in queue causing it not to print. The troubleshooter fixes the problem but when I try to print again the same thing happens. I have downloaded drivers and done Microsoft Fix It to no avail. I have also uninstalled the printer and re installed to see if that would help and it did not. I am at a loss as to why it stopped working, I just used it a few days ago!

Melisa

Have you tried creating another Windows user account and printing something from the user account to see if it will print?

#4 cessna172

cessna172

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

Stop the print spooler in services

refresh printers list hit f5 in the printers screen

go back restart spooler

hit f5 again in printers

If dosnt work completly uninstall the drovers, select a printer and go to print server amd remove the drivers and associated software I think it is.

Then unplug printer and restsrt pc then plug printer back in also remember to unplug printer from power too and when computer restsrts let windows detect and insrall drivers

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

Ah, the 172 and the default flight out of Meigs Field, Chicago in FS 98 !  Irrelevant, just happy memories !

Cessna172 is on the right track - completely uninstall the printer drives using 'Start - Control panel - Programs and features (or Add/remove programs, depending on your OS version)'.

Then download the correct printer drivers from the manufacturer's web-site for your OS. Then, before you start to install them, check the Quick Start or Installation procedure for the correct install sequence for your printer. Printers can be very fussy about how and when their drivers are installed. Some, you install the drivers then connect and power up the printer, others you connect and power up the printer before installing the drivers - and this matters !

Then turn off the printer, re-boot the computer, turn the printer back on and you should be good to go.

But the next time you have a problem like this, please give us some details about your computer and the make and model of your printer !

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users