Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bazten

bazten

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

So today i got a BSOD on my 1 year old ASrock e350m1 board.

Here is dump:

==================================================
Dump File         : 051314-27253-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 13-05-2014 14:18:38
Bug Check String  : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug Check Code    : 0x1000009f
Parameter 1       : 00000000`00000004
Parameter 2       : 00000000`00000258
Parameter 3       : fffffa80`06cd5040
Parameter 4       : fffff800`00b9c510
Caused By Driver  : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+78a8a
File Description  : NT Kernel & System
Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company           : Microsoft Corporation
File Version      : 6.1.7601.18229 (win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533)
Processor         : x64
Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+78a8a
Stack Address 1   : 
Stack Address 2   : 
Stack Address 3   : 
Computer Name     : 
Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\051314-27253-01.dmp
Processors Count  : 2
Major Version     : 15
Minor Version     : 7601
Dump File Size    : 518.840
==================================================

I did a couple of things today on my pc. Was looking into replacing the windows 7 BOOT logo with a funny old win 3.11 one instead. This got me searching the web reading about it for some time. I noticed some people was using "ressource hacker" for this excact file "ntoskrnl.exe" (before 2010/11 there was no other way to do this. than hacking this file)

There was however since released a small nifty app that actually could do this without my input ( have no clue what method it uses ). This app is called Win7BootUpdater.exe

So ofc when i got this bluescreen today i suspected it to be this boot logo thingy.

But then i saw a post about S4 mode here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521041/bsod-0x1000009f-driver-power-state-failure-caused-by-ntoskrnlexe-windows-7-x64/

and i remembered this was something i tried enabling in bios today as well.

So there is a bit of mystery going on now. I will monitor and change these settings and get back here IF i get this bsod again!

Oh btw forgot to mention this happened during windows shutdown. My usb wifi stick sometimes freezes, and this makes my computer not being able to shutdown, or at least using around 10 min on it! So this is what happened it just said: "shutting down windows" for around 10-15 min and then boom BSOD. This is motherboard specific as it does the excact same thing on my WIRED onboard lan

Mod edit: Post split to its own topic.

Edited by Platypus, 13 May 2014 - 09:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

Having and had the same issues.  For the shutdown issue when the computer is on, remove the card, and delete all files and drivers for that card.  Drivers in device manager.  Shutdown and restart without the card in. 

Log in, and place the Wifi USB in the computer, and quickly stop auto loading of drivers.  ( It might do it anyway.).  This should fix the issue, basiclly windows is looking to close and unmount the Wifi USB, like a normal USB, and it cant.  Had this happed with a Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard that that cleared it up.

The second issue so far I am still working through, I can tell you the following:

1. If you know how to do it, turn off your computer, remove the battery and take out each stick or RAM and replace it, sometimes this helps.
  2. If your still haveing issues, then it Could be your CPU, or RAM etc.  Mine is the CPU.  I do know that when you uninstall it you have to get ALL the drivers and that is different per CPU manufacture.  Check their website.
  3. ALso with the CPU, you will need to load the Chip set FIRST, then the any other programs / drivers for the CPU, (meaning like how intell has monitoring programs etc)

Right now there is about 10 posts on BC with the same issue, and around the same time.  As I look online I see the same thing as well.  Funny that this is going on with most and Microsoft placed updates last week for all to enjoy.  And I am using a Alienware with a i7 and 16GB RAM, and its still driving the temp of the CPU to 70C. then shutting down. 

Easy route would be to save everything, and do a clean reinstall of the OS, that would correct all program related errors, but if its hardware related then ..... well you know.  If I find something out I will let you know.

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users