Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Globa Search Redirect Virus in my Browser

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zlloyd1

zlloyd1

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

I have somehow gotten a redirect virus attached to my Firefox 29 browser that continuously opens a page called globasearch.com every time I open a new tab, and I need to get rid of it.
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell xps8300 desktop computer, and have already tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the browser, but the redirect remains.
I have also run a scan with adwcleaner, Malewarebytes, and the trial of Hitman Pro x64, but this maleware seems to be immune to them all....
How can I get rid of this without having to pay for it please??

Edited by zlloyd1, 13 May 2014 - 07:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hallo zlloyd1!

Remove GlobaSearch from Internet Explorer
Set Internet Explorer default search engine from GlobaSearch Search to Bing.
To change your default search engine, click on the gear icon above right, select Manage Add-ons, and then, under Add-on Types, click Search Providers.
Select Bing and on click the Set Default button.
To remove GlobaSearch from Internet Explorer, select GlobaSearch Search and click on Remove
Change your Internet Explorer homepage from GlobaSearch.com to its default
To change your homepage, click on the gear icon, select Internet Explore options, and in the General tab,under the Home page section,
click on Use default to restore Internet Explorer default home page

Remove GlobaSearch from Mozilla Firefox
To reset your search engine and homepage from GlobaSearch their default, we will use the SearchReset extension.This add-on is very simple: on installation,
 it backs up and then resets your search preferences and home page to their default values, and then uninstalls itself.
This affects the search bar, URL bar searches, and the home page.
You can download SearchReset from HERE, and then we will just need to install it to revert Firefox to its default settings.

Also:

Please download Junkware Removal Tool HERE to your desktop.

Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
    Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
    The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
    On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
    Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users