Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD+R help required

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 secretangel

secretangel

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:17 AM

Apologies if this is in the wrong topic, please move if necessary.

I video and produce DVDs of a local pantomime.  To produce the latest DVDs I purchased Aone Plus Gold Edition Dual Layer printable dvds.  I have used these before without any problems.  I've burned the panto to the DVDs and they work fine on the PC but when I went to check them using the DVD player attached to my tv not one single dvd would play.  I've been in contact with Amazon and they are refunding my money and I have to return the discs.

That is where my problem lies, I do not wish to send the DVDs back with the panto on that can be played on a pc/copied etc, I wanted to format them first but can't as when I try it says they are write protected.

Is there any way of removing the panto from these discs before returning them?  I've googled the question but I've not found anything of help yet.

Thanks in advance.

PS I know the dvds are the problem as I burnt a few copies onto some other Aone discs I already had and they all work perfectly.

Posted Image

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

With a disc that isn't a re-writable, there's no way to alter the contents without damaging the disc (eg breaking, microwaving...).

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 secretangel

secretangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:39 AM

Thank you for replying, not the answer I was hoping for but the one I expected  :smash:  :mellow:

Posted Image

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users