Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop having issues starting up?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EmmahhCee

EmmahhCee

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

This issue has only started recently, it's never happened before, but has been doing so for the past few days. I would take it in to get checked over but I'm currently at exam time and I require my laptop for some of those assessments. I just want to know if it's safe to use my laptop, or if I need to take it in to get fixed urgently.

Sometimes when I turn my laptop on, all I hear is the strong whirring of the fan, it's a little louder than if my laptop turns on successfully. Nothing displays on the screen (normally the samsung logo appears), instead it's just the fan whirring away. I can leave it for a few minutes and this still won't turn it on properly. Sometimes I have to try turning my laptop on two or three times before it turns itself on successfully, other times it starts up right away.

As far as I'm aware I've not changed anything on my laptop, I've deleted a few files (i.e old documents I no longer need), and photos that I didn't need, but nothing important. When my laptop is on successfully the fan is quiet like it was before this started occurring.

Is there anything I can do to fix it? Is it something that requires urgent attention? Sorry I'm not very good with laptops!

Thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

Check to see if a BIOS update was released.  You should be able to see what is included in the BIOS update, look for fan issues.  I work on HP machines and they had a fan issue that was resolved with a BIOS update.

#3 EmmahhCee

EmmahhCee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Check to see if a BIOS update was released.  You should be able to see what is included in the BIOS update, look for fan issues.  I work on HP machines and they had a fan issue that was resolved with a BIOS update.

Where would I check to see if there is a BIOS website? Is it a website or? 

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Check the manufacturer's website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users