Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HOw to listen to my Audible.com on another computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tybudd

Tybudd

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

I don't have the ability to install the Audible . com program on my computer at work (admin), and I'd like to listen to my books on this computer, what do I have to do to be able to listen to my books on this computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

I don't use the computer version of Audible, I listen off my iPhone.  That said, I believe there are options to convert to MP3 or burn to disk.

It looks like you can stream your books.

Go to Audible and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Select the Listening Apps link, second column top link.

Scroll to the bottom and select Audible Cloud Player Go To Library link.

Click the Play link under the icon of the book you want to listen.

You will have to have Silverlight installed.

If that doesn't work on your home machine Install Audible Manager from the Listening Apps page and convert them to MP3.

#3 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

From work I can't install any programs of any sort, or listen to streamed audio/video. Therefore it has to be played from a saved file, what software can be used to convert them from home?

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

The very last line of my previous post.  The Audible Manager.  I believe you can either burn the files to disks or turn them into MP3s.  I want to say I used to turn them into MP3s to put on USB sticks for my car, before I had an Apple device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users