Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Not Shutting Off Or On.. Only With Plug / Unplug Is It Pnp ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 libertycat

libertycat

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:04 AM

Hello,
I am really upset ! I can't find any clue about my problem :
I cannot shutdown and power off my OMNIBOOK 6000 ! from soft Windows XP shutdown command or even hard switch action, the notabook stops quite correctly, and power off, and start again after 1 second or even less.... What is possible to do for this !!
Need to say also : I installed Windows XP, all was working very very fine ! Only problem was this sleeping mode that isn’t coming back correctly about screen (staying black at wake up) . But about shutdown, all was working.. for now, only way to switch on is to put AC/ plug inside, and it starts directly… and switch off by removing it at the best moment possible when hearing the fans stopping… (before it starts again)
this problem appeared without any reason (no installation, no special actions…)
I formatted and reinstalled ALL, and is the same problem staying anyway L
Do anyone think it can be from the harware itself ? (power switch) ??

So many people seems to have. Did Hewlett Packard not do anything for this ?? I'll pay anyone having the answer for me !!!
my email : dragonfly_helicosXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.com

(Moderator edit: E-mail address removed to foil spambot harvesting. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 23 May 2006 - 08:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:34 AM

If you have reinstalle dWindows and the same problem persits then that eliminates Windows. I would suggest getting your computer checked out by a qualified tech that can go thru the computer on the spot.

From first hand experience I would try on thing and this only applies to desktop type computers not to laptops.

Take the side off when there is no power turned on and make syre all of the connections are tight. Ohter than this take it in to the repair shop.

Have a good one.

#3 libertycat

libertycat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:00 AM

thanks for answer.. I wondering if really it is not the mechanical switch itself that is annoying all.. someone know this problem already maybe ?
Also, to make checked by qualified HP technicien, it will cost the price of the unit I afraid, for sure..

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:22 AM

Have you looked in your BIOS to determine if the power functions have been turned off? Could be a dead BIOS battery.

#5 libertycat

libertycat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:25 AM

I saw BIOS yes, and tryed to change several laptop energy managing options.. without any effect.
I also returned to usuall settings. .
it can be the BIOS battery that came dead and make these problems ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users