Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

toshiba drivers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mikeytmh

mikeytmh

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

Hi guys

I'm new to this site and know enough about computes to be dangerous.  I teach electronics for disabled Vets and we bought 5 new toshiba's for myself and new students that came with windows 8.  For whatever reason, our IT guy loaded windows 7 on them and since then my toshiba (sattelite c55d-a5107) has had loads of problems.  I can't "extend display", & the sm bus controller, ethernet controller & usb2.0-crw  have "!" next to them.  We've tried to download the drivers from toshiba, but they made no difference.  HELP!!!!

mikeytmh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikeytmh

mikeytmh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

Oh, one more thing.  I'm also getting "unspecified error" & " exception EInvalidPointer in module SSSysAnalyzer.exe at 00005931 invalid pointer operation"   

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

Sounds to me as if you should be contacting your IT support personnel...particularly so since you seem to think that the install of Win 7 is responsible for system problems.

Louis

#4 mikeytmh

mikeytmh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

My IT support person is the one who loaded windows 7 on the laptops and is still unable to resolve my problems.

#5 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

Hello! I would suggest restoring back to factory setting. Here's support for your model. You can find the manual here to tell you how to restore to factory.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200007780

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

The Toshiba originally had Windows 8. Drivers were compatible for Win8.

Windows 7 was installed on the laptop. Are the drivers you downloaded compatible with Win7? I looked at the drivers for your model and there was no reference to which operating systems they work with.

#7 donetao

donetao

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Hello! I agree with Queen-Evie. Down grading to W7 might cause driver issues. If the hidden partition was removed or corrupted and you did not create recovery media. You can order them from Toshiba. You could try their support, but they aren't very helpful.

https://support.toshiba.com/repair?orderType=SFF

http://support.toshiba.com/contact

https://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=2737864

Edited by donetao, 12 May 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#8 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,121 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

Being new they should all have valid COA stickers, You can down load an ISO which can be loaded on all.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#9 summer_sun

summer_sun

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:31 AM

Yeah, they should have COA stickers if licensed windows was installed in the first place

#10 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:50 AM

Being new they should all have valid COA stickers, You can down load an ISO which can be loaded on all.

Laptops from all major vendors are available without OS ( at least in my country ). The user can install whatever OS they want.

Sometime OEM may Preload "Ubuntu"  ( Especially Dell ) or "FreeDOS"  ( HP ) but most people will wipe them and clean install Windows.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 13 May 2014 - 01:53 AM.

#11 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Computers with Windows 8 no longer come with a COA stickers.

Edited by Agouti, 13 May 2014 - 11:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users